Opening My Pool - Spring Pool Start-Up
Follow these helpful steps:
If water is cloudy or green first go to the Green & Cloudy Water page.
1. Get a thorough water analysis.
2. Start system, begin filtration
3. Remove any and all debris from pool. Leaves and debris consume chlorine and chemicals
4. Clean baskets and backwash/clean filter.
5. Adjust pH to 7.2-7.4
6. Add Chlorine shock of 1# for each 10,000 gallons of water. (If water turns green after the shock, it's generally an indication of high levels of organics that have built up during the winter and early spring. If the water retains a green or hazy cast AFTER 24 hours, shock your pool again.)
7. Begin normal chlorination by feeding concentrated tablets through feeder or skimmer
8. Begin algae prevention by adding 2oz. of Rescue algaecide per 10,000 gallons each week.
9. Begin filter enhancement by adding 2oz. Ultra Clarifier per 10,000 gallons each week.
10. Adjust Total Alkalinity to 80-130 ppm after water has remained clear for 2 days.
11. Get a thorough water analysis again.